- "There's no logical reason that costumed superheroes should
appeal to me, but they just do." Bruce Timm
- "I always have an agenda, because it's who I
am." Howard Chaykin
- "It's really the character in the middle
then I build the stuff around it." Steve Englehart
- "When you add words to those pictures, you
have the perfect method of communication, and that's what comics are."
- "Every year now, we're going to see people doing more
complicated and far out things with the combination of pencil and typewriter."
- "I see my job as making people look forward to something."
- "No, I do not try to think about the
audience while I'm working. It's crowded enough during the creative
process with all the voices in
my head." Adam Hughes
- "Stories that don't emotionally connect aren't worth
anybody's time." Greg Rucka
- "I just want to have enough success that I
can do the next book. That's all I want." Jimmy Palmiotti
- "For me, that blank page starts with
structure and outrage." Howard Chaykin
- "I try to put everything I can into the
story. That's the deal." Steve Englehart